Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 Wrap Up

Just tidbits about my 2010 book blogging experience.

Started book blogging:  February 2, 2010
Number of books reviewed:  126
Number of GFC followers:  212 ... lost a few  :(
Number of blogs I follow:  193
Meme I created:  Pondering the Scriptures Sunday
Awards I received:   Cherry on Top, Honest Scrap, Life is Good, One Lovely Blog, and The Versatile Blogger
Books I won:  Across the Universe, Aphrodite the Beauty, Courage in Patience, Ever, Exit the Actress, Kaleidoscope, Testimony, The Cake Boss (haven’t received yet), The Second Half of Life (ebook), The Wishing Hour (ebook), and Why Genesis Still Matters.
Other winnings: Bree Despain Lost Saint nail polish and bookmarks, CSN $35, and ForYourNose $25.
Some favorite books:  Brava Valentine, Flipped, For One More Day, Harry Potter #1 (haven't read the rest yet), Saving CeeCee Honeycutt, Standing for Something, The Giver series, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, The Help, The Hunger Games series, and The Wednesday Letters.
Some favorite authors:  Mitch Albom, Richard Paul Evans, Gordon B. Hinckley, Og Mandino, Haruki Murakami, J.K. Rowling, Kathryn Stockett, and Nicholas Sparks.
Misc.:  I don't understand poetry; initially avoided YA books but then I ended up liking that genre; also initially avoided audio books but its convenience worked for me (I could listen while doing chores); the reading and book blogging got so overwhelming and it ended up burning me out and putting me in a reading rut; being among cyber book lovers gave me a sense of belonging; joined Goodreads in July 2010 and love it because it has given me an avenue to meet people from back home (the Philippines); I co-initiated a challenge to read The Holy Bible ... one book per week which we, the Filipino group in Goodreads, started in October 2010.

Books I reviewed in December 2010 (my reading rut month!!)

My Christmas present to myself.  :D

Thank you for allowing me to be part of your reading world. 
May you find something here that might interest you.
Take great care!!

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! I started blogging in August & fell into a rut come November-December. Let's hope 2011 will be a refresher for all of us :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment. You are fabulous! :)

Template by:
Free Blog Templates