Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, May 14, 2011

"Miles to Go"

by Richard Paul Evans, book #2 of The Walk series, AF, 2011, 320p, rating=3

I bring a book when I go to work just in case I have a minute to read during my breaks.  I usually don't get very far.  Too many distractions or often I'm too tired to do anything but crash in the recliner.   However, I discovered that I was able to concentrate when I was reading this book at work.  I figured out why.  There was a lot of dialogue.  That moved the reading along rather quickly.  It helped also that this was another tug at the heartstrings kind of book. 

This was a nice follow through to the first book.  It incorporated a review of the first book while supplying a continuation.  Unfortunately, it didn't move me as much as I'm use to of Mr. Evans' books.  There were more sweets characters but also presented incongruity. 

Perhaps the subliminal preachings finally got to me as well.  Yet, Mr. Evans remains to be one of my favorite authors.  He has a way with words that touches my heart and characters that are exemplary and inspiring.  So, I will continue to follow this walk and look forward to book #3.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment. You are fabulous! :)

Template by:
Free Blog Templates