Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, February 4, 2012

"My Unfair Godmother"

by Janette Rallison, My Fair Godmother #2, YA, 2011, 339p, rating=4.5
Source: library
Content: clean
Tansy Miller has always felt that her divorced father has never had enough time for her. But mistakenly getting caught on the wrong side of the law wasn' exactly how she wanted to get his attention. Enter Chrysanthemum "Chrissy" Everstar, Tansy's fairy in shining, er, high heels. Chrissy is only a fair godmother, of course, so Tansy's three wishes don't exactly go according to plan. And if bringing Robin Hood to the twenty-first century isn't bad enough for Tansy, being transported back to the Middle Ages to deal with Rumpelstiltskin certainly is. She'll need the help of her blended family, her wits, and especially the cute police chief 's son to stop the gold-spinning story from spinning wildly out of control. Janette Rallison pulls out all the stops in this fresh, fun-filled follow-up to the popular My Fair Godmother. (Goodreads)

Oh man, I didn't know this was the second of the series. Now I'm out on the lookout for the first book. I'm so bummed that it's not in my library. But I really enjoyed this installment as a stand alone.  In fact, I liked it more than I thought I would.  It was funny and entertaining.  The characters were charming and light.  The adventures would be those that I could see being played out in the Disney Channel series Wizards of Waverly Place.   It's just plain fun to read.

Incorporating Robinhood, The Merry Men, and Rumpelstiltskin into the story may seem odd but it worked!  This was a fairy tale with a modern twist, teenage style.  A bit of delinquency, time traveling, faulty magic, lesson seeking, family collaboration, and of course a romance teaser.  Simply delightful.

This book got me excited about putting Robin Hood and Rumpelstiltskin on my TBR list.  That in turn reminds me of the old adage, "So many books, so little time.".  Thus, inviting me to choose wisely on the books I read (namely longevity books ..classics, mind building, etc).  Easier said that done.  I am easily distracted.  But sometimes it pays off, like for this book.  Shear light pleasure read. ;)

Rating: comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment. You are fabulous! :)

Template by:
Free Blog Templates